I'm sure if I asked those close to me, they would volunteer some resolutions for me, so here are some resolutions I should have, but don't (and my guess at who would offer the resolution):
- Quit forgetting stuff. (my daughters)
- Start running. (my husband)
- Clean out my minivan more regularly. (my entire family)
- Quit obsessing about my hair. (my husband and my sister)
- Just go to the damn Container Store already. (my husband and my friend Shannon with whom I feel I'm sharing my plans for future purchases there every time we talk)
I am not the best wife or mother in the world, but I do a pretty good job of making sure my family has everything they need to grow and develop and be happy. I can't really say that I've done the same for myself. I used to see putting myself first as a selfish and inappropriate choice, but now I see it as something that is necessary in order for me to be the best I can be for my family.
And myself. Dammit. See how hard that is?